Welcome to our Farm!
Jersey Shore Alpacas is a small farm owned and operated by Jim and Tish Carpinelli, and located in Green Creek, a small town near historic Cape May, NJ.
We take pride in ensuring that our alpacas are cared for with the utmost attention to their health and happiness. Our farm focus is agritourism (farm tourism), and
our alpacas are happy to oblige by enthusiastically greeting visitors!
Check out this cool video of our farm from Channel 6 Action News in Philadelphia (just after the paddleboarding segment). Note: our schedule is not correct in the video. Please see below for our hours. Enjoy this quick look at our farm!
Memorial Day - June 2020 Schedule
Due to the Coronavirus, we have altered our visiting opportunities until further notice.
- Saturday "public" visits will be by appointment only until further notice, up to one week in advance. You can schedule yourself and see more important details on our Modified Saturdays page.
- We will continue offering Virtual Private Tours until May 29th.
- We will be accepting in-person private appointments starting June 1, Mon.-Fri. only.
We look forward to things getting back to normal in the future, when we can be completely open on Saturdays 10-4 as we have for years!
(Note: private tours are available year-round M-F, except July, when they are offered M-W). Private tour
rates are below:
- In-Season (May-Sept.) $30 total for a group of 1-4 people, and $5 per additional person
- Off-Season (Oct. - April) $25 total for a group of 1-4 people, and $5 per additional person
Please call or email us for a reservation.
Reservations must be confirmed in advance.
A bit more information . . .
The main difference between an "open to the public" visit and a private tour is that on "open" days, you can feed carrots to the 'pacas at the fence line, and there is a tour guide outside to answer questions. The private visits include actually going into the paddock with the female alpacas for feeding and mingling (sort of like "swimming with the dolphins," but without getting wet!). Also, your tour guide is for your group alone, so you can ask as many questions as you like! For more information about "open to the public" days and private tours, click the links!
Note: Private tours are one group at a time, and not combined with any other visitors. We will not "add" anyone to a private tour.